Re: help with space in tablespaces

From: Ivan Bajon <bajon_at_nospam@worldonline.dk>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:17:53 +0200

Hi Chris,

This ought to do the job:

select Blocks+empty_blocks "Allocated blocks", Blocks "Blocks below HWM", a.blocks-b.blocks_w_rows "Empty blocks below HWM" from

   (select blocks, empty_blocks from dba_tables where owner=upper('&1') and table_name=upper('&2')) a,

   (SELECT COUNT (DISTINCT SUBSTR(rowid,1,15)) blocks_w_rows FROM &1..&2) b

Good for Oracle8+ only. Put it in a file, say tabstorage.sql, and execute with

"@tabstorage SCHEMA TABLE"

This give you a report on the table storage. The table MUST be analyzed prior to running this. I leave it as an excercise to modify it to reflect tablespace storage.

Hth,
Ivan Bajon