Re: Has anybody checked this? Sounds interesting...

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 21 Aug 2001 23:32:56 -0700

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:<3b828026$0$8506$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>...

> Stop it you're scaring me now. Seriously is this the case. I must admit the
> last plane trip was for a weeks holiday where the entire cost of the holiday
> was GBP110, so perhaps network connections might have been a little much to
> expect, but I don't believe that European flights have network points as a
> matter of course.

Hovewer, managing Oracle DBs from plane looks great. I never try Internet connection from plane, because I'm not the one whos first move after boarding of plane is to pull out notebook and start working. :-) To be honest, my aproach to flying is to fell asleep immediately after take-off and be waken up just before landing. :-) I do not know if all european airlines has connectivity on their planes, but my friend told me that when he flied on holidays in Venezuela, he had a connection available. I think that he had used his usual airways (BA), but I'm not sure.
I also do not know what this connectivity offers to user. Maybe there is some firewall in the way and using of SSH is prohibited. Maybe only available services are mail and WWW, because this conectivity is primarily used by businessmen not DBAs. Strange but true. :-)

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader