Pls Help!! BMP EJB can select but not modify table

From: Dui La, Ma <duilama_at_yahANTISPAMoo.com.hk>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 02:37:38 +0100

Hi, please help!

I wrote a CMP entity EJB for a simple Oracle8i table. Inside are JDBC calls to the database, using a connection object generated from the line:

return new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver().defaultConnection();

Or

return DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:kprb:");

The EJB compiled and deployed without problem to OracleJVM (8.1.7), but using it with the test app, the bean can select, but no insert or update to the table!!!

I found that, if I use the thin driver, as well as the username and password in the getConnection() call, I can insert and update without problem...

I also tried with a session EJB. Despite supplying my username and password in the JNDI lookup, the EJB can only select but not insert, delete or update the data. I then logged in using as different user, and because this user doesn't have the right to access this table, all operations failed. I suspect then the original user and/or the beans lack some privileges required for insert, delete and update operations on the table concerned.

I desperately need help for this problem, please enlighten me with any thoughts.

Yours.

DLM Received on Tue Aug 21 2001 - 20:37:38 CDT