Re: 8.1.6 on windows 2000, no odbc?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2001 20:20:08 -0500

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, al_at_genetics.utah.edu wrote:

> Galen Boyer wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, al_at_genetics.utah.edu wrote:
>>
>>> I have just installed oracle 8.1.6 on a windows 2000
>>> server and everything seems to be working ok except
>>> that remote machines cannot connect using odbc.
>> Can remote machines connect with sqlplus?

> yes
>

>>> Any ideas on how to get odbc working?
>> Have you at least created an odbc data source on the client?

> yes, and the odbc client can reach another oracle database
> running on linux.

Hm... Did you do an oracle odbc test for this server? Does it also error out?

I wonder if the datasource name for the odbc is correct. It needs to mirror the tnsnames.ora entry.

Also, I have only used a machine data source for this.

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.