How to find the 10 worst performing SQL statements?

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2001 15:51:33 -0700

I have been asked to find out the 10 worst performing SQL statements on a V816 database on Solaris.

The only way I can think of doing it is to turn SQL_TRACE on (TIMED_STATS are already on), and run tkprofs against the resulting trace files at the end of each day. Then grep the results to pick out the stat I want and filter through them.

Without installing Stats pack, is this the best way?

Also, what should I look for - elapsed time, CPU time, or I/O?

TIA,
Andy Received on Tue Aug 21 2001 - 17:51:33 CDT