Re: IMPORT error, initial extents cannot be created (HELP!!!)

From: Ms. D.H. Harvey <qq45_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: 21 Aug 2001 09:36:19 GMT

,JK Yao <jkyf0131_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
: dear all,

: Oracle8.1.6
: OS: Solaris5.7
: Import Utility

: full=y rows=n constraints=n indexes=n

: When I imported the object, there is a error showing that I am not be
: able to create a table. What caouse this? The tablespace is big
: enough. Any though? Following is the error mesg and my script of
: creation of the tablespace.

: Thanks in advance,
: JK
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

: ****** error codes *********
: IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1658:
: "CREATE TABLE "PART_COST_BUCKET_HISTORY_TAB" ("PART_NO" VARCHAR2(25)
: NOT NUL" ...) PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS 255
: STORAGE(INITIAL 2044334080 NEXT 2097152 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS
: 2147483645 PCTINCREASE"
: " 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "MPC_DATA""
: IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1658 encountered
: ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace
: MPC_DATA

: ****************

: ************* tablespace setting *************
: CREATE TABLESPACE mpc_data DATAFILE
: '/data2/P8/mpc_data.dbf' size 1500M,
: '/data2/P8/mpc_data1.dbf' size 1450M,
: '/data2/P8/mpc_data2.dbf' size 500M
: DEFAULT STORAGE
: ( INITIAL 2M NEXT 2M MINEXTENTS 1
: MAXEXTENTS 249 PCTINCREASE 0)
: ONLINE;

An extent cannot span datafiles. You are asking for an initial extent of approx 1950 meg which exceeds the size of any of your datafiles. This caused by export with compress=y (default for some stupid reason). I always specify compress=n when exporting. Anyway to get round your problem extract the create table script from your error log, change initial to a sensible value (initial/next should usually be the same). You'll probs need to change your max as well and pre-allocate you table. When you import the data you'll need to specify ignore=y.

HTH Helen Received on Tue Aug 21 2001 - 04:36:19 CDT