Re: Copying a DB from NT to Linux occurs a ORA-01516

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:22:49 GMT

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:14:10 +0200, "Kristian Kalweit" <k.kalweit_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>Tried it, but the same error occurs. I think oracle don't missinterprets the
>given filename, because in the error message the filename is also typed
>correctly.

Bugger. Looks like you might be stuck. Can't think of any way of making Linux gobble the "N:" thing, which is prolly what's causing the snag. Didn't know it checked existence of original file for logfiles. It doesn't for data files. There is always exp/imp, but I'm guessing you're trying to find a shortcut, given it would be same architecture (Intel) and prolly same datafile contents?

Have you tried adding new logfiles and offline the old ones?

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Tue Aug 21 2001 - 07:22:49 CDT