When I use UDL files to connect....

From: jaimin saraiya <jsaraiya_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2001 08:56:03 -0700

Hello,

I have different applications (VB/MTS Dlls) that open connections to same Oracle 8i Database/Schema. I use UDL files to open connections. For each application, I have a different UDL file even if different UDL files open connections to same 8i database/Schema.

My question is, in this scenario, would it hurt connection pooling to have multiple UDL files opening connections?

is it must to have only one UDL file for all application to ensure connection pooling?

IN MY UDL FILE, I DO NOT USE ODBC DSN TO OPEN CONNECTION. Any help/hint would be highly appreciated...

Regards,

Jaimin Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 10:56:03 CDT