Re: I moved ORACLE_HOME, now PMON won't start

From: Uwe Schneider <us_at_webde-ag.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:53:44 +0200

Allen wrote:

> Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris 7. I moved the oracle executables to another drive,
> modified the oratab and profile files, etc.. But when I try to startup
> the database, I'm getting an ORA-00445 error PMON failed to start after
> 120 seconds.
>
> Any clues on what else I need to do to keep oracle from looking in the old
> oracle_home? No indications in the bdump trace files or alert log.

On Solaris you could use the "truss" command to inspect the system calls of any process.

Make sure the ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID are exactly correct (no leading /, case).

Perhaps you find a trace file in $ORACLE_BASE/admin/SID/udump/.

U.

--
Uwe Schneider - WEB.DE AG  - Amalienbadstr. 41  - 76227 Karlsruhe
F&E / Database & Software Technologies - Tel. (+49) 721 94329 8320