Re: Backup and Restore of Oracle

From: Guy ZIMMER <gzimmer_at_pt.lu>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:03:32 +0200

Hi Bob,

I have another backup system here.

At 22:00 the systems do a Dump to another server. At 00:00 the database will be shuted down. I do a cold backup. 1 Backup duration is aprox. 3 hours.

So every night a cold backup.
The database that I have is +- 117Gigabytes big (Datafiles)

To Import the Dumpfile I need +- 10 hours To restore a complet coldbackup it's 3 hours. To do a databaserecover, it's always depending the problem that you have ;-) Oracle could work 20 Minutes, or that I have seen is 3 Days for database recovery from archivelogs !

I think your system is not so bad !

Greetings from Luxembourg/Europe
Guy Zimmer