Re: runInstaller 9i <> 9iAS linux

From: Gerard H. Pille <geert.pille_at_vandemoortele.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2001 01:26:04 -0700

"Gerard H. Pille" <ghp_at_skynet.be> wrote in message news:<3B7C286B.373CA97E_at_skynet.be>...
> Hallo,
>
> Would anyone happen to know if there is a difference between the Oracle
> "Universal" Installer used on Oracle9i and the one on Oracle9iAS, both
> for Linux?
>
> I am able to run the one on Oracle9iAS, but the one from Oracle9i
> immediately dies on me, while whispering, with his last breath:

snipperdesnip

> Any ideas?

Just this night I got the installer working (during the weekend I succeeded installing on Redhat 7.1). I had to scan through 30.000 lines of strace output to find what was wrong.

The installation failed because I did not have the most recent locales on my system, I had got the most recent glibc, but not the locales. In the strace I saw that it was searching a file called LC_IDENTIFICATION, I had no such file on my system.

I hope this helps you. (LOL) Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 03:26:04 CDT