Re: newbie : Oracle8i Authentification error

From: Frédéric REGNIER <fredericregnier_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2001 01:09:50 -0700

mickrice_at_techie.com (Mick Rice) wrote in message news:<645b6e08.0108170428.72ff12a5_at_posting.google.com>...

> What error are you getting ?

First, i connect DBA Studio with Enterprise Manager Console. Second, i launch the Import Assistant.
In final step when .dmp files are reading, the error message say only "Authentification error".

> Also please state what version of the
> database and what OS you're using,

I read that the database files i'm trying to import need a component of Oracle Enterprise Manager, Data Manager, to perform the import. This step also assumes that i'm using at least version 7.2 of Personal Oracle.
I'm running Oracle Enterprise Edition 8.1.6 under Windows NT 4.0. Regards.

fredericregnier_at_hotmail.com Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 03:09:50 CDT