Re: Is there an export and zip utility in Window NT?

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 11:40:51 GMT

Paul Drake wrote:

> Leigh Gold wrote:
> >
> > In unix, you can do an export and compress the dmp file at the same time.
> > This really save a lot of disk space.
> >
> > Is there similar utility in Window NT?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Leigh

Hi Leigh,

I believe that it can be accomplished in one pass if you use pipes. If you have enough space on disk, dump it to disk and compress it afterward.
PowerArchiver has command line support for compression. WinZip8 has now has command line suport, but I haven't tried it yet. Blat is a free utility for mailing text files.

hth,

Paul

example code:

rem exp_dev_job.bat
set oracle_sid=DEV
exp parfile=d:\Oracle\admin\dev\exp\export.par pacomp -a -c1 e:\ZipFiles\dev\EXP\dev_dat.zip D:\Oracle\Admin\dev\exp\dev_dat.*
blat d:\Oracle\admin\dev\exp\expdat.log log_files_at_foo.com exit Received on Sun Aug 19 2001 - 06:40:51 CDT