Re: Creating Oracle user based on an existing user

From: Kenneth Koenraadt <plovmand_at_>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:18:22 GMT

Hi Kabilan,

  1. Query the data dictionary to find all the object and system privileges directly granted to 'xyz'
  2. Put these priviliges under a role MYROLE.
  3. Revoke the object and system privileges granted directly to 'xyz'
  4. Grant MYROLE to the new user.

This will solve the actual problem and (what's even better) get rid of the "grown with time" thing which undermines your system security.

Regards,
Kenneth Koenraadt
Systems Consultant
Oracle DBA