Re: Help - How to recover dba password

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:41:18 GMT

cservehk wrote:

> I have an oracle 8i install on win2k server.
> I hae nt admin password. a user account that connect to the oracle server.
> Can anyone help?

login to the console with an account that belongs to the local group ORA_DBA
or ORA_%ORACLE_SID%_DBA.

in the sqlnet.ora - make sure that the following parameter is configured:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) at a command prompt, type:

C:\> set oraccle_sid=<your sid>

C:\> svrmgrl

SVRMGR> connect / as sysdba
Connected.
SVRMGR> alter user <username> identified by "<new password>";

that will reset the password to a user account.

the other method is to remove the existing password file, and create a new one.

C:\> orapwd -- this will display the help page for the orapwd.exe utility.

hth,

Paul Received on Sat Aug 18 2001 - 04:41:18 CDT