Re: Recover with RESETLOGS

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 07:36:02 GMT

Sven Morling wrote:

> Hello NG,
>
> there is a big problem in our company. I hope, one of you can help us.
> At first I will describe the problem.
>
> In our database occured a ORA-01578 "ORACLE data block corrupted". This
> is failure which came through a disk failure.
>
> After this we made an RECOVER UNTIL .... with a ALTER DATABASE OPEN
> RESETLOGS. Then the database ran one week. Now there are the problems
> in the datafiles(blocks).
>
> So we have probably an safe backup two weeks ago. And there is our
> problem. Between now and then is an RESETLOGS.
>
> Now my question: Is it possible to restore the safe backup and roll
> forward until the RESETLOGS-time and then roll again forward with the
> new offline redologs and the new SCN´s.
>
> If there is somebody who can help us, i would thank him, if he contact
> me personally.
>
> sven morling
>
> germany

Sven,

I would seriously look into the use of LogMiner. What version of Oracle Server are you using? It will need to be > 8.1.5. You should be able to "replay" the transactions after the resetlogs against the database from before the resetlogs - but this will be a major project.
Do you still have all of the archived redo logs?

hth,

Paul Received on Sat Aug 18 2001 - 02:36:02 CDT