Has anyone experienced intermittent ORA-03113 on database startup

From: Roger Clarke <rclarke_at_brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 17 Aug 2001 10:07:42 GMT

Dear all

I am getting the problem as shown below on normal database startups. This happens intermittently, I can see no pattern to its occurence.

I have looked at the logs but can find nothing relating to it.

I imagine that any number of things could cause this problem, but does anyone know some of the more common causes.

Oracle have not been much help with this.

Total System Global Area                         79110128 bytes
Fixed Size                                          69616 bytes
Variable Size                                    56168448 bytes
Database Buffers                                 22528000 bytes
Redo Buffers                                       344064 bytes
Database mounted.
Database opened.
SVRMGR> Terminated
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
ORA-01012: not logged on

thanx all

Database Administrator
Oxford Brookes University Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 05:07:42 CDT