Oracle 8.0.6/NT showing leak (thread, handles, non-paged pool)

From: T Kabilan <t.kabilan_at_blr.spcnl.co.in>
Date: 16 Aug 2001 22:32:37 -0700

Hello,

We are using Oracle 8.0.6 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a as our DBMS server. Our product consists of several background NT services and foreground applications. Each of them have a handful (<10) of connections to the Oracle server. Our database access is more read oriented (60% read, 40% write).

During some of our long load runs we observe that suddenly the following values of Oracle80.exe start increasing and do not go down:

Sometimes after a day, a blue screen also occurs because of non-paged pool leak. The total session count of Oracle is less than 200 when we're observing the leak. The Oracle alert log or NT Eventlogs show no interesting message.

We would like to know:

Thank you!
Kabilan. Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 00:32:37 CDT