Help resurecting an instance

From: Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2001 21:44:09 -0400

I have an old v7 db installed on one of my home machines. Recently I had a disk crash, and restored one of the hard disk. Now when I do dbstart, I get the following error messages:

ORA-00214: controlfile '/oracle/oradata/stan/control01.ctl' version 1413 inconsistent with file '/local/oradata/stan/control02.ctl' version 1397

The db was not runing in archivelog mode.

Given that the contents of non system data in the db don't matter, what can I do to get this db back up and runing? Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 20:44:09 CDT