Re: NT Scripting Oracle startup???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 22:36:15 +0200

"John Reyst" <jreyst_at_home.com> wrote in message news:e59a975.0108171003.3473ff07_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> Guys I am trying to startup an Oracle Service using a script at
> WindowsNT system startup. I am not apparently able to pass script
> commands into svrmgr. Can anyone help?
>
> I thought I could do something like
>
> SET ORACLE_SID=XXXX
> call SVRMGR23.exe
> command="connect internal"
> command="umtd"
> command="STARTUP"
> exit
>
> This is what I want to do but when I run it it jumps out at srvmgr
> PROMPT, is
> there any way of piping the the following ORACLE commands onto the
> SVRMGR
> Prompt so that it runs through?
>
> Feel free to email me at jreyst_at_home.com if you have an answer!
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Reyst

Just use oradim73 -startup -sid <yoursid> -pfile <fullname of pfile> -intpwd utmd -starttype srvc,inst

svrmgr23 won't start the service anyway. Other than that: if you have a service defined why don't you set it to automatic startup in the services applet in control panel. Will issue the command above for you.
It's all documented in your NT specific docs.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 15:36:15 CDT