Oracle Data Recovery

From: Tim Mason <tlmason840_at_aol.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2001 13:42:04 -0700

A customer have two web servers running Windows NT, Cold Fusion and Oracle 8.05. The systems drives are arranged with the first 2 drives in Raid 1 as C:, the last 3 drives are Raid 5 as D:.

The Oracle database files reside on the D: Last week an NT admin crashed both system and had to rebuild the systems C:, this also wiped out the installation of Oracle. We have been unable to access the ORA files. We originally attempted to create a table space and point it at an existing ORA file. This action appeared to clear the ora file and was stopped before it deleted all the data. Is there a way to recover the data from these ORA files? If there is can anyone give me any pointers as to how to do this.

						Thanks,
							Tim Mason