Re: Listener won't autostart on Solaris

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:24:51 +0200

"Michael Muller" <michael.muller_at_softline-intra.ch> wrote in message news:3b7d3a3c$1_at_news.swissonline.ch...
> Hi all. I have an Oracle 8i database server installed on my Solaris 8
box.
> Everything seems to run fine. The problem I am having is that I have to
log
> in with the oracle user and start the listener manually after a reboot.
> Oracle itself starts up upon reboot but the listener does not. I have no
> idea how to get it to work. I have tried creating my own startup scripts,
> but that doesn't work. I thought the listener would autostart with the
> database server, but it does not. Can anyone help me out here?
>
> Michael Muller
> michael.muller_at_softline-intra.ch

You need to place scripts in the /etc/rc2.d directory They should typically do
su -c oracle lsnsrctl start
su -c oracle dbstart

and everything should be OK
How they should be named is in included in the Solaris specific Oracle docs, I expect.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 13:24:51 CDT