Re: I don't know the difference of using index clause and just constraint clause

From: Vincent Ventrone <vav_at_brandeis.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:09:59 -0400

> I don't know the difference of 'using index' clause and just primary
> key constraint...

You will get a unique index in either case since Oracle uses a unique index to enforce a PK constraint -- the diff. is that if you include the USING INDEX clause you can name the index (otherwise it will have a db-generated name) & you can include a storage clause -- otherwise the index will end up in the owning schema's default tablespace & the storage parameters will be the tablespace defaults. I strongly recommned that include an explicit USING INDEX clause... Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 09:09:59 CDT