releasing a lock

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2001 04:26:06 -0700

Hi

I am having problem releasing a lock inside my pl/sql. I am getting the error msg below. Any idea why?

I was locking the table using
lock table xxx,yyy in exclusive mode;

Then in the codes I have some sql statements followed by a commit; And that's where I am getting the error msg below. Any help appreciated.

ORA-14552: cannot perform a DDL, commit or rollback inside a query or DML

rgds
Daud Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 06:26:06 CDT