ORA-03123: operation would block

From: News <dochood_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:44:41 GMT

Hello, all...

  I'm using the Oracle Template Library (OTL), VC++ 6.0, Oracle 8i Client on an NT box (8.1.7 on a Pentium IV) to hit a database. The Oracle 8.1.7 Server is running on a Pentium III with NT. I do a read query, then a write query, then another read query. The second query gets an Oracle error: "ORA-03123: operation would block"

  We've been running this code for months in our testbed, with no problems, on various machines. We also have some PHP code that hits the same tables, and it works just fine, so we don't have a connectivity problem.

  Has anyone else ever seen this problem before? If so, please e-mail me.

Daniel "Doc" Sewell
dochood at earthlink dot net Received on Thu Aug 16 2001 - 16:44:41 CDT