07006:Restricted data type attribute violation with consecutive nulls

From: <kossack80021_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:34:22 GMT

I am running oracle 8.1.7 client to oracle 8i.

I have a C program I'm trying to debug.

In the case where a rowset contains 2 consecutive missing values

val = SQLFetchScroll()

returns a -1 and I get a 07006:[Oracle][ODBC]Restricted data type attribute violation when I use SQLGetDiagRec to get the error information.

I've researched this to the point of noticing that if I decrease the rowsetsize to 3 the program executes normally. However, if I use this as a solution I'm concerned about the performance impacts of such a small rowset size. Received on Thu Aug 16 2001 - 15:34:22 CDT