Recover with RESETLOGS

From: Sven Morling <sven.morling_at_ivz.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:06:47 +0200

Hello NG,

there is a big problem in our company. I hope, one of you can help us. At first I will describe the problem.

In our database occured a ORA-01578 "ORACLE data block corrupted". This is failure which came through a disk failure.

After this we made an RECOVER UNTIL .... with a ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS. Then the database ran one week. Now there are the problems in the datafiles(blocks).

So we have probably an safe backup two weeks ago. And there is our problem. Between now and then is an RESETLOGS.

Now my question: Is it possible to restore the safe backup and roll forward until the RESETLOGS-time and then roll again forward with the new offline redologs and the new SCN´s.

If there is somebody who can help us, i would thank him, if he contact me personally.

sven morling

germany Received on Thu Aug 16 2001 - 06:06:47 CDT