oracle 8i installation problem with JRE not found

From: boutevin <tboutevi_at_sct.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2001 01:16:56 -0700

Hi
This is a copy of a msg that I found on the list and it happen the same think for me with oracle 8.1.6 and Mandrake 8.0 with the lastest glib (that mandrake recommand to load)
any help

when I´m trying to launch the "./runInstaller" command from "?/install/linux" directory (the "runInstaller" command from the cdrom root doesn´t work), ALWAYS obtain the same error
message:

The Java RunTime Environment was not found al p/bin/jre. Hence, the Oracle
Universal Installer
cannot be run.
Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.1.8 or higher
and try again.
: No such file or directory

I´ve tried EVERYTHING: I´ve installed jre118_v1 and highers, I´ve made and
tested links in "/bin/jre", I´ve
modified the "oraparam.ini" file several times, I´ve tested and/or set/unset
environment variables refer to JRE,
I´ve decompressed the jre.tar.bz2 of several forms, I´ve used the JRE Oracle
cdrom installer built in, ...

I don´t know what I do more. I SURRENDER. Any help?

Thanks. Received on Thu Aug 16 2001 - 03:16:56 CDT