Re: Why doesn't Oracle care about Linux as IBM does?

From: Michael Bhola <bholam_at_uk.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:02:29 +0100

"Nuno Souto" <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:3b7a4ecf.1468069_at_news...
> What I'm interested in knowing is: what grade (version, option,
> whatever) and h/w platform of UDB/DB2 are we talking for this to
> happen, *exactly* as described. Particularly the bits about the SAME
> data block being accessed by the two nodes, node B not needing ANY
> system specific intervention WHATSOEVER to rollback node A, and NOT
> needing to be notified that node A is back. In particular, no need to
> re-route anything other than the end-user units.

I don't think there's a real answer for this. The approaches used by Oracle and DB2 as regards scalability are fundamentally different. As far as I know, DB2 will never share disk across nodes. The DB2 approach to scalability is that each node see's only it's own portion of the partitioned data. Received on Wed Aug 15 2001 - 09:02:29 CDT