Re: retrieving data from ms exchange into oracle database on Unix

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 02:42:04 -0700

"wp" <wpauw_at_tref.nl> wrote in message news:<9ld3i9$3049a$1_at_reader02.wxs.nl>...
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to get data out of micrososft exchange into an Oracle
> database on Unix.
> Oracle couldn't help me much.
> Hetegeneous services are very expensive is what I understand.
> Is the a way with the use op LDAP services? And if so, which version of
> Oracle database do I need /
>

> Thanks in Advance

As Exchange uses a propietary database format, the *only* way is to write a VB program (which interfaces quite easily with Exchange) and in your VB program communicate with Oracle using OO4O or ODBC. How much do you want to spend on it?

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker,
Senior Oracle DBA
Getronics Business Software,
Unit Oracle Software Solutions
Nieuwegein Received on Wed Aug 15 2001 - 04:42:04 CDT