Re: ora 01115 error

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:15:07 +0200

<slandry_at_hibernia.com> wrote

> 0115 IO error reading block from file (block # ). It does not display
> any block number or file number. Everything is online and all the data
> files are under 2G.

The couple of times I've run into this error on HP-UX were all due to dinkum disk problems. The disk does not need to be offline (umount'ed). It could be that the disk itself is failing... in which case it makes sense to save whatever data you can from the tablespaces on that disk before it goes completely broke.

--
Billy