Re: How to install oracle??Please i want to learn.

From: Dirk Kiehne <dirk_at_liberate.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:43:24 GMT

Amit kt wrote:

> dear friends ,
> i am new to oracle , but preety good at SQL server.
>
> I would be grateful if anyone could guide me through the installtion guide
> of oracle on win2k prof.
>
> They ask certain things like spid ,etc . I ont know what should i enter.
>
> Moreever , when installing developer 2000 , someone told me i must make
> necessary changes , so that it works fine.
>
> Amit kt

Hi Amit,

Your best bet would be to go to (Assuming 8.1.7):

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/nt_817_installguide/start/toc.htm

This lists all the system/user/environment requirements and guides you step by step through the installation steps. Alternatively, you can point
your browser at your media location - using file:/ instead of http:// - and find the install guide along with the administrators guide right there.

Regarding your question about the spid - I suspect you mean SID - for now I would just leave the default ORCL.

If you have any trouble with the steps listed in the installation guide, then get back to the newsgroup and I'm sure someone will come to your aid.

-Dirk Received on Tue Aug 14 2001 - 16:43:24 CDT