Installer/Y2K questions again

From: <staryeti_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:15:12 GMT

I need to uninstall some Oracle7 clients and then reinstall to a different location, followed by an installation of Oracle8 client software. I got the Y2K-compliant Installer form Oracle, and the uninstall goes fine now. But when I try to reinstall using the new installer, I get a message saying "Install using installation media"; if I use the installer on the original CD, I run into the Y2K problem. How can I get around this? Please don't say "install the newest client" - I'm having to support an old app that can only use the Ora7 client, AND a new app that will only talk to 32-bit clients. So I'm stuck with both for now! So, how can I get the Oracle7 client reinstalled?

Thanks,
Harry Boswell Received on Tue Aug 14 2001 - 16:15:12 CDT