Re: Off-line backup in Windows NT/2K

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2001 20:40:14 -0500

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, dino1_nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net wrote:

> I am studying the python language now, and there are so many
> posts in comp.lang.python, it seems to be an interesting shell
> language.

You got the wrong idea. Cygwin isn't a scripting language. It is a distribution of Unix tools that run on the windows desktop.

It has a sh.exe and a bash.exe, which allows you to run UNIX shell scripts on windows and copy that code to a UNIX machine and also execute it there.

Make sense.

> As for cygwin, this is the first time I heard it, some
> comparision with perl or python might be necessary.

It has a perl and a python distribution in it.

> Is it free of charge?

Yes. Comes from the Redhat guys.

http://www.cygwin.com/

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.