Installing oracle8i on a pentium4

From: Carl Hathaway <carl_at_fireword-computing.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:31:52 +0100

Hi

I have a pentium 4 pc running win2k pro. I'm trying to install oracle 8.1.7 but the Oracle Universal Installer fails to start. This is apparently a known bug with no patch. However a work around exists that renames the symcjit.dll file to symcjit.old. This allows the installer to run but then the system throws copious java.exe failure messages effecrtively shutting the machine from working. Anyone know of a better solution that works?

Regards

Carl Received on Tue Aug 14 2001 - 09:31:52 CDT