Re: Winsock Proxy client with Oracle products?

From: Noname <nospam_at_nospam.no>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:56:11 -0400

Oracle listens on port 1521/1526 or whatever you have specified and then directs the session to a random free port. Oracle does not work well through firewalls and proxy servers without some pretty serious playing with rules.

I have a server running on a private IP address using a IPCHAINS Linux proxy. Oracle works fine behind the network, but it cannot be accessed remotely due to the random free port assignment issue.

If you can use another protocol other than TCP to connect to your instance, you may be able to connect to your server and run the proxy.

Good luck,
Chris