REPLICATING an OUTAGE - RFI

From: Bryan Burns <bburns_at_xo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:44:49 GMT

I am running a production oracle database in a live network.

The master database updates 6 slaves, all Netra 1400 w/ 4 processors.

Aside from an incorrect record getting replicated, what are the worst case possiblities here ???

Could I somehow lose the whole database and replicate a blank database?

Could a corruption get replicated, which somehow takes everything down?

Being extremely pessimistic, what could go wrong...

All input is greatly appreciated. I will be tracking all feedback and ensuring against the bad things it if at all possible...

Thanks,
Bryan Received on Mon Aug 13 2001 - 12:44:49 CDT