Re: Error when startup database

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:56:32 +1000

There seems to be a problem with it not being able to find or access the system data file. Is it still physically in the directory where the error message says it should be? (A quick ls will sort that out).

If it's not, you're in to recovery.

If it is, check that the file permissions are set properly (I tend to chmod 777 just in case, and sort it out more properly if that resolves the issue later on).

If permissions aren't the issue, then it could be file corruption. To check that, you could run dbv against that named datafile, and see what it reports. If it's corruption, then you're in to recovery.

Regards