Re: iFS - Changing passwords with XML-

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2001 11:01:16 -0500

On 31 Jul 2001, lrako_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> 3. Is there any other way to change those passwords

I'm assuming that you have a listing of username/password that you want to change, or is there one password for all usernames?

You should be able to use a script to build one big SQL file of your users. Lets say you have 3 users.

You need a sql file that looks like

ALTER USER user1   IDENTIFIED BY pass1;
ALTER USER user2   IDENTIFIED BY pass2;
ALTER USER user3   IDENTIFIED BY pass3;

Well with a file of two columns
user1 pass1
user2 pass2
user3 pass3

I could write an awk script to create the SQL script.

Is this what you need?

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.