Question about "alter" command.

From: Jordan <mj_at_nba.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 01:15:23 +0800

I always confuse when to use the alter xxx command. e.g. alter database, alter system, alter tablespace .....
e.g. I want to resize the tablespace size, I will think 'alter tablespace .... resize 10M'. However, the actual result is 'alter database datafile .. 10M'. Can anyone there when I should use alter database, alter system, alter tablespace or others. THANKS. Received on Sun Aug 12 2001 - 12:15:23 CDT