Re: Anyone care to add the SQL and PL/SQL chapters?

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:46:29 +0200

Nuno Souto wrote:
> I dunno who invented this but I still get a laugh out of it after all
> these years. The two before last are my own modest contribution.
> Anyone care to add the obvious SQL and/or PL/SQL section(s)?

[...]

What about these ones:

SQL: insert into foot select bullet from gun;

     After it generates too much pain, you rollback.

Oracle SQL: insert into foot select /*+ ORDERED */ bullet from gun:

    This hint causes the bullets to hit in the right order ;-)

PL/SQL:
   begin

      for bul_rec in (select bullet from gun) loop
         utl_bullet.hit(bul_rec.bullet,foot);
      end loop;

   end;
   /

  Obvoiusly, utl_bullet requires a special Oracle release   (maybe 8b, "b" for "bullet" ;-)

Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | la_at_oktagramm.de
Hauptstr. 26            | la_at_heptagramm.de