Re: Oracle 9i and its OS platforms

From: koert54 <k_at_k.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 10:23:59 GMT

Tru64 was already a supported platform.As I understand it - Tru64 is even a 'preferred' platform if you
want to run Real Applications CLusters as it's the first to have a clustered filesystem (even root is shared !!!)
Bye bye raw devices !
I have a crash&burn redhat linux box running with 8i OPS. Guess I won't be installing 9i on linux.
IMO AIX is my favorite flavour - great LVM and ASYNC I/O on filesystems !