Re: Freelists

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:32:09 +0100

This used to be a big problem with long
columns in v7 - I think the setting was
about 3 blocks dropped off the free list for each attempted insert - then the HWM was advanced for 5 - even if this meant
a new extent was allocated.

You can still see the settings in the init.ora parameters with name like

    _walk_free_list

--
Jonathan Lewis

Seminars on getting the best out of Oracle
Last few places available for Sept 10th/11th
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html

<178d2795.0108100454.5fa06d0f_at_posting.google.com>...