problem with exp utility when called remotely

From: rince <david.uhlik_at_seznam.cz>
Date: 9 Aug 2001 06:12:01 -0700

I have problem with exp utility. I have export script which work fine when called on Oracle server computer. It's ok when we have application server on the same computer as database server. But sometimes we use another configuration. One computer as app server and another as db server.
The problem is on second configuration.
We have to make backup before one operation. We have to call exp from Java application. Locally it's ok but remotely we have to use exp user/pass_at_connection_string syntax. And that's the problem. Export fails.

Here is text from console:

Export: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Mon Aug 6 01:30:20 2001

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle8i Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production JServer Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production
Export done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set and WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character set

About to export specified users ...
. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
. exporting foreign function library names for user GK
. exporting object type definitions for user GK
About to export GK's objects ...
. exporting database links
. exporting sequence numbers
. exporting cluster definitions
. about to export GK's tables via Conventional Path ...
. . exporting table ADR_INFOTEXT
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 904 encountered
ORA-00904: invalid column name
. . exporting table ADR_KUNDEN
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1003 encountered ORA-01003: no statement parsed
. . exporting table ADR_VERWEIS
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 904 encountered
ORA-00904: invalid column name
. . exporting table ARCHIVE_BONKOPF

My friend tested it on the same configuration on his system and realized the same fault. So the problem is probably on Oracle side. Have you seen this problem? Or even solved it? Is there any way to call exp from Java more effectively(script, method on server)? If so please tell me.

Thanks

David Received on Thu Aug 09 2001 - 08:12:01 CDT