system events

From: Roger Clarke <rclarke_at_brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 9 Aug 2001 09:56:58 GMT

Dear all

EVENT				TOTAL_WAITS	TIME_WAITED
SQL*Net message from client	414364    	40916046

The above data was taken from the V$SYSTEM_EVENT table. This event has by far the longest waits, and I would like to decrease it if possible.

Anyone know exactly what this is caused by, and how to lower the number of waits? My guess was network traffic, but I cannot find explicit reference to this event anywhere.

Any have experience of long waits on this event?

Roger Clarke
Database Administrator Received on Thu Aug 09 2001 - 04:56:58 CDT