Re: Changing storage parameters on a table.

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2001 10:38:56 -0700

In article <3b729c72.62110687_at_news.alt.net>, SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK says...

>On 8 Aug 2001 16:46:41 -0700, Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
>

>>ops$tkyte_at_ORA8I.WORLD> alter table t storage ( next 1m );
>>
>>Table altered.

>Hmm.. it actually is that simple. Thanx. I must've had a mistype when
>I tried it. At least, I think I tried it. It seems so simple...
>
>Anyway, I was looking at the documentatrion
><URL:http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a85397/statem2a.htm#2054899>
>for ALTER TABLE trying to find the syntax. The Syntax section lists
>"modify_storage_clauses", but that section only allows for
>"modify_LOB_storage_clause" and "modify_varray_storage_clause". The
>"move_table_clause" seems to be the only place listed with
>"segment_attributes_clause" (which includes the
>"physical_attributes_clause" which finally has the "storage_clause"),
>but it requires the MOVE keyword. Did I miss something?

the physical_attributes_clause has the storage_clause and the storage clause has this...

the physical attributes and move table clause are "peers" of each other in the railroad diagram. You can use one AND/OR the other.