Re: Freelists

From: Tom Best <tombest_at_firstusa.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2001 13:51:01 -0700

Jonathan:

In your example, what if PCTUSED is 5%, such that, for example, used space in the block had to get down to 50 bytes. This is extreme, but, just to make the point clear... after PCTFREE is hit, then the block enters a mode of waiting for PCTUSED to be hit, before it actually goes back onto the freelist. Right?

Tom Best