Freelists

From: Mick Rice <mickrice_at_techie.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2001 03:51:08 -0700

Ok, so when a transaction is inserting rows into a block it continues to do so until it hits PCTFREE. When rows are being deleted, at the point where the block is less that PCTUSED full the block is put back on the freelist for that table. My question is, when is the block initially taken off the freelist. If it's when we pass over the PCTUSED point how then do we continue to insert rows up to PCTFREE.

Yours Expectantly,

Mick Rice. Received on Wed Aug 08 2001 - 05:51:08 CDT