Re: On Indexes and Commits

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:48:12 +0100

General principle. when you insert a row into a table, you insert the index entries at the same time. There are minor variations on a theme, but as each INSERT statement
completes, the table and its indexes are self-consistent.

Rolling back is very expensive - start
looking into TEMPORARY TABLES
with 'on commit delete rows'.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Seminars on getting the best out of Oracle
Last few places available for Sept 10th/11th
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html