Re: Auditing on using indexes

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuck_hamilton_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:24:06 -0400

"Ken Shan" <kenxuauh_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9kricm$t383_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...
: Hi there,
:
: There are many indexes created on our database, but how can I know which
: indexes are used by the SQLs or which indexes are no longer used ? Is
 there
: any ulitilities or tools ? thanks
:
: Ken
:
:

The tuning pack includes a tool called "tuning expert" or something like that which will tell you which indexes are being used. If you don't want to buy that, you'll need to monitor the SQL area of the shared pool and capture all sql that's using the table (don't forget views too), and run an explain plan on each to see if the index is being used. Received on Wed Aug 08 2001 - 10:24:06 CDT